Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Never met a weed she didn't like......

Killin' Poison Ivy
We have sort of adopted a local golf course that is long on potential but short on manpower.  I will occasionally spend a day working with other volunteers to remove downed trees, tree limbs, and brush around the course.  Then I feel content and play away.

Mary, on the other hand,  has a personal vendetta for weeds of any kind and a serious hatred of poison ivy and oak.  She never met a weed she didn't want to pull.

Clip, Cut and Pull
It has gotten so that about the only way I can get her to to play golf with me is to promise to let her play in the weeds for an hour or so after we finish our round.  We had an acre in Winston-Salem and that kept her satisfied but here in Tennessee, we have only a postage stamp sized lot so she needs to go elsewhere for her weed gratification and Baily Links has become her target.  (At least I get to play more golf this way.)

No comments: